The link between fashion and sport is undeniable, even the fashion heavyweights such as Ralph Lauren and Fred Perry have history in sporting activities of various types. Assuming you’re not head to toe in bespoke suit and a pair of wingtips it’s an almost certainty that you’re wearing some kind of sportswear, unless of course you’re reading this naked. In which case kudos.The link is even more noticeable in the street fashion scene with uber-weight sport’s companies like Adidas and Nike pretty much owning the game with vintage re-releases and limited editions.
The Fashion Vs. Sport exhibition at the V&A started this week and is running through to the 4th of January. The exhibition explores in depth the link between sport and fashion and looks to be a bloody fun and educational afternoon out. For more info get over to the V&A’s website here.
To celebrate the exhibition I have knocked together my top 5 sport fashion items, check them out after the jump!
Right-o here is my personal top 5 fashion sportswear, being a sneaker freak this is a little trainer heavy but you’re just going to have to deal with that.
5. The Vans Authentic, iconic skate trainer and available from Caliroots.
4. Adidas track top, cool and colourful grab yourself one over at Caliroots.
3. Converse All Star, also know as the Chuck Taylor and the best selling piece of footwear of all time! Available at Rubber Sole.
2. Fred Perry polo, the one and only polo shirt you should own, grab one (if you haven’t already) at Oki-Ni.
1. Nike Air Max 1, the best running shoes EVER made get yourself over to size? and grab a wicked bad pair like these.
Must read posts:
Everton or Liverpool? Which football team did The Beatles...
Top 10 Best Beatles Buys: including Vans pumps, Apple onesie...
Top 10 vintage-looking gadgets (Part One): including...