Some big news this week from The Three O’Clock – quite possibly the 80s finest pop psych band. The Paisley Undergrounders, who reformed this year to play Coachella (and please, please, please some UK dates too), have announced the release of a new old album which pairs many of their most popular songs with a some rarities.
Titled The Hidden World Revealed the album, which is due in June, features a slew of alternate versions, rarities that only made the European release of their epic debut Baroque Hoedown and more.
In a news release announcing the album, drummer Danny Benair says:
“The Hidden World Revealed takes you from the early days of recording in Michael Quercio’s garage to the days leading up to Arrive Without Traveling and beyond. A combination of the well-known and the unknown. The completist guide to The Three O’Clock — ten years in the making 30 plus years of recording. . . whoosh!
The tracklist is as follows
1. “All In Good Time”
2. “With A Cantaloupe Girlfriend”
3. “In Love In Too”
4. “Stupid Einstein”
5. “Lucifer Sam”
6. “Rodney On The ROQ Commercial” *
7. “Jet Fighter”
8. “When Lightening Starts” (Alternate Version) *
9. “Sound Surrounds” (Demo)*
10. “Around The World”
11. “On My Own” (with Strings) *
12. “I Go Wild” (Alternate Version) *
13. “In My Own Time” (Alternate Version) *
14. “Why Cream Curdles In Orange Tea” *
15. “A Day In Erotica” (Alternate Version) *
16. “Jennifer Only” (Home Demo) * – The Salvation Army
17. “The Girl With The Guitar (Says Oh Yeah)” (Demo) *
18. “Seeing Is Believing”
19. “Regina Caeli”
20. “Feel A Whole Lot Better”
The band also appeared on an American chat show Conan, playing With A Canteloupe Girlfriend, the opening song on Baroque Hoedown – and they sound great.
The band last played a date in the UK in Dingwalls, Camden in 1985. Weirdly enough the support band on the bill were locals called The Thrashing Doves – whose single, Beautiful Imbalance got the thumbs up from a certain female politician who recently died, when she appeared on TV kids programme Saturday Superstore. Odd…
Must read posts:
Everton or Liverpool? Which football team did The Beatles...
Top 10 Best Beatles Buys: including Vans pumps, Apple onesie...
Top 10 vintage-looking gadgets (Part One): including...