6 years of an amazing journey #saintsfc DESTROYED in 1 hour !!!
— Morgan Schneiderlin (@SchneiderlinMo4) July 29, 2014
Southampton midfielder, Morgan Schneiderlin took to social media to vent his anger after being told he was not allowed to leave St Mary’s.
The French midfielder had been poised to join Spurs along with striker, Jay Rodriguez. The pair had been reported to be nearing a move to White Hart Lane after a big of £30m for the duo had been accepted. However, since those reports, Southampton chairman Ralph Krueger insisted to Sky Sports on Tuesday that neither Schneiderlin or Jay Rodriguez will be sold this summer after both players were linked with a move to Tottenham.
“They are part of the core that we have decided to keep in Southampton,” Krueger said. “Jay Rodriguez and Morgan Schneiderlin are not for sale.”
“They will be a part of our club as we enter the new season, and in and around Jay Rodriguez and Morgan Schneiderlin and the rest of our core players, we’re excited to continue to build forward but all of those stories (linking the pair with a move away) are false.”
It appears that Schneiderlin does not share the same excitement towards the project at Southampton after seeing team-mates, Lallana, Lambert, Shaw, Lovren and Chambers all move to pastures new.
Can Southampton keep hold of their angered French midfielder or will Spurs come back to inject more misery to the Saints.